The 5th Model UN Security Council Conference
Tehran 25 August 2016
The International Studies Journal (ISJ) and the United Nations Information Center in Iran are jointly selecting 45 senior advisors, resident diplomats and their dependents, heads of state organizations, NGO representatives, professors of law and International Relations, and post-graduate and graduated students to participate in a Security Council simulation.
The programme will cover three specific issue areas:
- International law and security, peace and human rights;
- Simulation methods and Research workshops;
- Global and Regional initiatives to protect peace and human rights.
Preparing for a Model United Nations conference can be a very challenging task. One time before the simulation, there will be a pre-conference training workshop for the participants at UNIC-Tehran.
ISJ and UNIC will award a certificate to all participants who successfully fulfill the workshop assignments, research, and exercises.
- An accredited degree in law, international relations or a relevant field of study;
- Good command of English or French;
- Two recommendation letters by professors or sponsoring institutions;
- Your recent photograph;
- Letter of application including address, telephone, email and language skills(Persian, English, French);
- Payment of 120 Euros (for students) and 200 Euros (for other) upon admission. This fee covers registration, courses, booklet, ISJ quarterly magazines and lunch.
- ISJ will run an small Cultural Heritage visit of Isfahan for interested participants. This one night and 2 days visits include accommodation, museums visits, Cultural sites visits, interpreters, transportations from Tehran to Isfahan and Tehran, and meals. The fee for the participants is very modest: 500 Euros.
Application & Contacts
Please send applications by mail to:
The ISJ will facilitate obtaining the entry visa.
Registration Deadline: 20 July 2016